Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Goose is getting fat

The weather here in Kansas has been pretty icky for the last week, so to cheer me and possibly you up I'll put in a picture from my recent trip to Australia. This is from Tasmania off the shore of Oyster Bay near Freycinet National Park. While it was still fairly chilly while we were there, it was better than the last few days here.




It's not just the goose that's getting fat. I have been busy sampling and tasting things as I've been preparing for Christmas dinner. I'm not being very traditional this year. There will just be three or four of us friends, who have all been at my house a number of times to share holidays with my family. I made the decision early this year to do no traveling over the Christmas season and, because of the weather, I'm so glad I did.

We will just enjoy (I hope) Beef Daube with penne pasta au gratin, broccoli with optional cheese sauce, homemade Ciabatta, tossed salad and an apple salad. For dessert I'm making gingerbread trifle and a pumpkin pie. That should be enough for the four of us!

I have started knitting again. I have two projects in train. I'm working on the second sock. The first one seemed to go a lot smoother. At this rate, I'll never get the second one done. I'm also trying out a dishcloth pattern that is way more intricate than need be. Not only does it have a four row repeat, but row four includes a p3t. I hate purling anyway, and then to have to jam three stitches on and get them all off at once is just plain painful. At least the yarn feels good.


No comments: