Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Eve

I can hardly believe it! I am going out for New Year's Eve. Normally, I sit at home and gloat that I'm not out on the road dodging drunken idiots. I usually don't go to bed, though, until the neighbors stop shooting off fireworks and firearms.
Well, actually what happened is that the season theater tickets I have are for Wednesday night and so that's when we will be going to see Annie, admittedly not one of my favorite shows. Of course, I may be just a little jaundiced, since the last time I saw it was at the Starlight Theater and the little urchins sitting next to us sang all the songs along with the actors. Might have been kind of cute had any of them (the kids) been able to carry a tune.
Went out today and, as my mother used to say, "got the stink blowed off". It is so nice out--a little windy, but warm enough for a sweater. I hung a little wash out (sheets) and know they will smell nice and fresh when I bring them in. May have to go back out and finish raking leaves. My oak tree takes forever to drop leaves. In fact, there are still more than a few stubbornly clinging to the tree, but I'm sure the neighbors will appreciate not having mine stuff blowing all over this winter.

No comments: