Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's been entirely too long since I posted to this blog. However, she said virtuously, I have actually addressed all my Christmas cards, written a letter, bought official Christmas stamps, AND gotten them in the mail. Whew! For me this is almost a first. My friends and relatives will probably all fall over, since I usually don't even put cards in the mail until Dec 29.

I have also been cataloging my collection (for want of a better word) of tea cups. Either I don't own as many as I thought I had, or there are some floating around somewhere in this house, which is entirely possible. My house is definitely not "a place for everything, and everything in its place" example of housekeeping. Especially today, it's more like, "oh, here's a horizontal service; can I add just a couple more things to it before everything slides off". Time to reform. Well, after I put away all the Christmas stuff. Maybe. Yeah, sure.

I had to buy a new mail box this week. Last Saturday's wind blew my old one into the street, where it was bashed rather well. I had to use a pair of pliers and a screwdriver to pry it open and then I couldn't get it to close properly. I was prepared to have to pay an arm and a leg, but surprisingly enough, official US mail boxes are a bargain. The steel ones were less than $15 and plastic was $5.

Today I received my first 2009 seed catalog. It's from a Heirloom seed company I've never heard of and it's addressed to me by my nickname. I don't know how I got on their list, but it is a good looking catalog. I just wish I had a green thumb. In the past 18 years (since I've moved to the Kansas City area) I have had exactly two tomato plants live past age one month. Off those two plants I've managed to harvest 4 tomatoes. I ain't Mother Nature.

No comments: